- Dead orchid flowers. My dear friend Debi turned me on to the beauty of dead flowers and it's something I always take the time to appreciate now and I always think of her whenever I see beautiful dead flowers :) It's sad that I can't keep an orchid alive for the LIFE of me, but at least these flowers are still beautiful even when they die :p Maybe I can do something with them!
- My fortune from my chinese food tonight...this should be the slogan for this project!
- I posted this on instagram, but last night (or early this morning), I was outside on my patio and noticed my jalapeño pepper plant was leaning over. I discovered it was because this monster of a jalapeño was ready to be picked! I've never grown a jalapeño this big!
- Getting in 30 minutes of reading time before work. That's rare these days. I'm really loving this book. Just hope I can finish it this month so that I have SOMETHING read for the month :/ It's been a bad month for reading.
- Neutrogena pink grapefruit face wipes. Seriously. They're so refreshing!
- Sweet emails from friends :) I'm awful at returning emails these days, but I seriously have the sweetest friends.
- One of my friends, Sharon, sent me a link that I absolutely loved! She said it made her think of me :) Therapists using gardening as a counseling technique. LOVE THIS! I've actually done it myself with a few clients with fantastic results. It worked really well in couples counseling with a couple that knew nothing about gardening...I had them start a vegetable garden and maintain it and they loved it and it really brought them together again. Anyway, here's the link! Hope this catches on in the field!
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Today was a case of struggling to find the happy stuff, but there was still LOTS of happy to find! This may not be as hard as I think. It was a long and exhausting day at work and I have to get up early tomorrow morning, but here's a quick post of happy stuff from today...I'm really loving keeping a record of all this stuff by the way!