Tuesday, June 10, 2014

So Sleepy...

My body is legit about to crash right now. I stayed up until almost 5 in the morning finishing Orange is the New Black Season 2 last night and now I want season 3...which is a thing by the way! It's officially been renewed for a third season. But I am SO TIRED right now. Luckily work was really slow tonight and I got to go home an hour early. So I'm going to post my happy things for today (and there are a bunch!) and then just watch tv until I fall asleep. Here we go:

  • FKA Twigs announced her first LP! This made me SO excited. I'm so in love with her music. It all has this beautiful, simplistic, rhythmic beat to it with her gorgeous vocals over it and it's unlike anything else out there. I cannot wait to see what she does with a full album! 
  • As I said in yesterday's post, I've been craving writing lately, and I actually wrote some letters and mailed them off today :) I have many more to write too! This has been even more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I REALLY miss handwriting letters to people. I had friends back in high school that I'd write back and forth to almost every other day. Good times. 

  • I organized my medicine cabinet finally. Sad that there is so much medication in this apartment that it needs to be organized :/ But that's what happens when you have migraines. And it drove me nuts how messy it was. Taken care of now!
  • Drum roll for this one! New Neil Gaiman short story collection in February!!!! Or at least that's what it looks like! So I have a habit of doing an Amazon search for Neil Gaiman like once a month and then organizing it by publication date so I can see what he has coming out in future months :p I did that today and up popped "Please Secure Your Own Mask Before Helping Others: Short Fictions" by Neil Gaiman to be released on February 24th, 2015. Needless to say, I preordered it :p I've been dying for a new Gaiman short story collection! Smoke and Mirrors and Fragile Things are both some of my favorite collections of short fiction ever. That news pretty much made my month. 
  • It rained today. It stormed today. I love rainstorms :)
  • Baxter doing his little trick. Baxter is my beta fish and he does this cute little trick where he eats food off of my finger. You can probably get your beta to do it too! Just dip your finger in the water, stick a piece of food to it and hover your finger over the tank. Betas like to jump for insects in their natural habitat so they'll jump to get the food off of your finger. When I feed him now, he'll eat a few pieces of food and then stop and just stare at me like "I'm ready to do my trick now" and won't eat any more food until I let him do his trick :p 
  • New book arrivals! In today's case, it was The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey which looks deliciously creepy and I'm in love with the cover.

5 comments:

Bellezza said...

It rained here too, yesterday, a gentle rain throughout the day and night. I'm amazed you can stay up until 5:00 am! I used to be able to so that in the olden days. ;) I think there's something so cathartic about writing...letters, or even in journals. Blogging is nice, but it doesn't quite take the place of real paper and Italian pencils.

Can not wait to read Murakami's latest as you said. Shall we start the day it arrives at our respective houses?! xo

chrisa511 said...

Bellezza, I'm such a night owl! I'm normally going to bed when most people wake up, lol. I agree! There is something cathartic and just awesome about hand writing things :) always makes me happy! And yes!! I would LOVE to read Murakami with you the day it arrives!

Kristen M. said...

I totally need that Gaiman too. February is a long time away.

DesLily said...

awww , I never knew that about Beta's that they'd jump for food! how cool!!

it's been storming every afternoon and evening here for over a week..and I mean with lightening! I don't mind rain but I can do without constant lightening...when it lightenings I have to turn off my computer and television.. I feel lost lol

Anonymous said...

I downloaded The Girl With All the Gifts last night and started listening to it today. I'm already smitten, if that's an appropriate word for a creepy story.