- Amir Sanders' audition on So You Think You Can Dance. I LOVED this girl and I so hope that she makes it onto the show so I can watch her dance some more. She's a ballerina from Harlem who auditioned to Beyonce's "Flawless", specifically, the spoken word part by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. You can watch her audition on The Daily Motion here.
- New cologne, 1899 by Histoire de Parfums, a literary based perfume and cologne company. I'm normally pretty sensitive to colognes but I'm so obsessed with this cologne. It makes me happy to put it on. It's a pretty gender neutral smell too that's citrusy, slightly tobacco-y maybe (though the description says it's not), and just made of awesome. It's apparently inspired by Hemingway. Seriously I could bathe in this stuff! I hate musky smelling colognes that are "manly" smelling and I can't take anything that's floral or vanill-y smelling either so it's hard for me to find a cologne I like.
- New books! New Novella Carpenter and Julie Anne Peters all in the same day :D A good day indeed.
- I woke up to see my tiger lilies beginning to unfold! They bloomed for the first time last year and I had no idea what they would look like before they bloomed and was taken away with how gorgeous they were. They did the same thing to me this year. So beautiful. Worth the very long wait time for them to bloom!
- New office supplies! I needed stuff for my counseling practice...mainly note pads and pens and discovered poppin.com. I'm an office supply junkie :p I love this stuff and their prices are really reasonable too!
- I wrote and mailed off three more letters today :) Really enjoying hand writing letters again :)
- I cut one of my tiger lilies and brought it inside. They make such gorgeous cut flowers too. They make gorgeous anything really.
Day 7 (That would be today)
- I saw a red dragonfly when I went to get my coffee this morning. Like completely red. I've never seen a red dragonfly before! So beautiful. Wish I could've gotten a picture of him
- The new Lana Del Rey album, Ultraviolence! A friend sent it to me (it leaked) and it's GOOD! Really good! I have the limited edition ordered on vinyl from Urban Outfitters. Can't wait to get it!
- Mary Higgins Clark on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me... I look forward to my drive home from work on Saturday nights because I can always listen to Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me on NPR on XM radio and tonight, the special guest was Mary Higgins Clark. I've never had any desire to read her books but I really want to try her out now. She was HILARIOUS! Great personality.
- I had a Persephone waiting for me in the mail when I got home :) The Hopkins Manuscript by RC Sherriff. I have two more on the way too!
- I'm listening to Philip Glass' "Solo Piano" album on vinyl right now while I'm writing this and it's seriously one of the best albums ever. Perfect album to wind down to. Thanks Amanda Palmer for writing about it!