Sunday, January 7, 2007

Excellent Recipe for a roast!

So today I made a roast in a crockpot from a recipe from Angela. It's SO good. I highly recommend you try it:

2 Pound Roast (I like eye of round)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of dry french onion soup mix
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of red wine (I like zinfandel, but any would do)

Make a paste by combining the mushroom soup and french onion soup mix in a bowl
Coat the entire roast with the paste by rubbing it on
Put the roast in your crockpot and cover it with the remaining paste mixture
Mix the water and wine together and pour it into the crockpot with the roast.
Cook either on low for 8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours (depending on how well done you want it).
Every now and then stir the gravy and put some over the top of the roast.

That's it! no salt, pepper, garlic...nothing..and I promise it is full of flavor. Doesn't get much easier than this. The gravy is so delicious and I like it served over egg noodles.

Leftovers make excellent poboys...or for those who don't live in new orleans "sandwiches".

No comments: