Sunday, January 7, 2007

Sundays

I remember a time, not long ago at all, that I hated Sundays. I find that I now enjoy my Sundays, as do I enjoy the band "The Sundays" (Check out Blind...awesome album). Sundays have become what the God of Genesis meant them to be-a day to rest. Particularly since I've started my master's program (which I am now almost finished), I find that they are the only day of the week that I can truly call my own. A day where I can lay in bed and watch t.v. if I want, take a shower at any time of the day (or night) that I want, go grab a coffee and truly enjoy it, play on this damned thing called the internet, read a good book, and really just enjoy myself. Sure, when school starts it becomes homework day too, but I even enjoy that to an extent, because most of my homework involves writing papers, and I love to write. So now I shall retire my fingers, read some more of Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke, and try to enjoy my somewhat disappointing coffee from PJ's.

No comments: