I've been doing themed reading months with Debi this year and absolutely loving it! For July, we decided to pick books for each other! We made each other giant lists of books that we want each other to read :) The list I made for Debi is ridiculously long :p I'm in love with the list that she made for me and I've decided that I'm going to make it a goal to read every book on this list. Yes, this month I'll be focusing JUST on these books, but eventually I'd like to get to all of them! Here's the list:
1. The Stand by Stephen King - I've started this one TWICE! And I've actually really liked what I've read so far. I'm about 350 pages in. Maybe this will be the month I actually finish it :p
2. And The Band Played On by Randy Shilts
3. The Essential Dykes to Watch Out For by Allison Bechdel - Really hope to get to this one this month!
4. Morning Glories by Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma - Dying to read this series!
5. A Game For Swallows by Zeina Abirached
6. Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams - Has been on my TBR FOREVER
7. Javatrekker by Dean Cycon
8. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Dean Cycon - Why have I not read this yet??
10. Saffy's Angel by Hilary McKay
11. Castle Waiting by Linda Medley
12. Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor - Been wanting to read something by her forever now
13. The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett
14. Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden - I tried the audio of this and didn't like the narrator but looking forward to the book!
15. The Night Watch by Sarah Waters - in the middle of the audio and loving it!
16. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth E. Wein - Another I've been dying to read
17. Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliet - Haven't even heard of this one! Love those surprise books :)
18. Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff - I may start with this one. It's short, sounds good and I can feel accomplished by knocking something out quick :p
20. Bad Science by Ben Goldacre - Another I'm dying to read (sensing a theme here?)
21. Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge - Another I haven't even heard of!
22. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale - I've avoided this book like the plague for some reason and I have NO idea why! I think it's a case of everyone loving it so much when it came out that I'm afraid I wouldn't. I should no better though :p
23. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein
24. The Tales of ETA Hoffmann
25. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
27. Under the Dome by Stephen King - Looking forward to this one! Season 2 of the tv series starts tonight! But I hear the book is significantly different than the tv show and really good.
28. Silent to the Bone by E.L. Konigsburg
30. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman - Yep, I really haven't read this one yet :p I think it's the same reason as The Goose Girl. I'm going to make this book number two though after Hollis Woods. I AM going to read this this month!
31. There is no Dog by Meg Rosoff - This will be my first Rosoff!
32. Plenty: One Man, One Woman, And A Raucous Year of Eating Locally by Alisa Smith and JB MacKinnon - Well if that doesn't sound like a book I'd like, I don't know what does :p
33. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
34. Roll of Thunder, Hear Me Cry by Mildred Taylor - This is the book I dread most on the list :p I have this REALLY strong aversion to books that were "school books". I really have no idea why, but I just never liked books that I had to read for school :p I never had to read this one for school but I remember seeing it all the time when other kids were reading it. I WILL be proved wrong though ;)
35. A People's History of American Empire by Howard Zinn - Dying to read this one!
So looking forward to these!!! I have a good month of reading ahead of me :D