Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dewey's Readathon Update the Eighth!

Currently ReadingLove in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block

Total pages read since last update: 170

Total pages read cumulative: 921

Total books read: 4 (Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo, Carrie by Stephen King, Boxers by Gene Luen Yang, Saints by Gene Luen Yang)

Time spent reading since last update: 1 Hour 4 Minutes

Total Time Spent Reading: 8 Hours 46 Minutes

Caffeinated drinks consumed: 1 large iced mocha and 1 Pumpkin Spice Latte!

Food Eaten: 2 slices of lemon meringue pie, bowl of doritos, some mini apple strudel thingies, and a nice serving of shepherds pie!  

Money Going To NaNoWriMo's Young Writer's Program: $92.10

Progress Report: Well I just finished Gene Luen Yang's Saints and wow....what a read those two books were. I seriously hope he gets nominated for the Printz again with this set of graphic novels. My thoughts on the two books will probably be a bit controversial, but that's what I love about Yang...he's not afraid to tackle those types of issues in a society that sometimes is.

Overall I'm surprisingly NOT tired! But I'm feeling funky from sitting around and reading all day, so I think I'm going to start my next book in one of my favorite places, my bathtub :D I have one of those giant garden tubs in my apartment, so I'm going to go throw in some green tea and chamomile bath salts, have a cup of tea and read some Francesca Lia Block!

No comments: