Saturday, October 13, 2012

Let's Get This Party Started!!

Oh how I loved the opening post that Heather put up on the Dewey's Readathon site. She put into words perfectly what this is all about....carrying on Dewey's legacy, and the foundation that she laid down...and the community that she helped to create. I can't thank all of the hosts enough for all of the time and effort that they put in to doing just that!!! Y'all are amazing!!!

As per usual for me, I'm getting a little bit of a late start and will likely have an early ending :p But I'll get as much read as I can!!! So how about answering those opening questions!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I'm reading in my little apartment in Mandeville, Louisiana which is just across the lake from New Orleans! It's my first readathon in my own place! Poor Matt had insomnia all night and he's just going to sleep now as I woke up, lol.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Oh that's so hard. But random.org has chosen Neil Gaiman's The Deluxe Death (graphic novel collection of all of the individual Death books) for me to start with, so right now that one!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I'm so unprepared when it comes to snacks :/ But I just went to my local coffee shop and got myself an iced mocha and a delicious orange cranberry muffin! So that right now :p

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Oh geez...Um....I like to read? :p I'm 31, in a wonderful relationship with the bestest man in the world, I'm a counselor, I love to garden but am sadly confined to container gardening right now because I'm in an apartment and I love music nearly as much as I love books!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I didn't participate in the last readathon, but I've done many before! I'm just going to pace myself....take breaks when I need them..not stress over anything. I'm going to enjoy myself, enjoy my friends...enjoy my day :)

1 comment:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I am SO THRILLED TO SEE YOU ALL PLAYING ALONG!!!!! :) The last couple of readathons have felt lonely but I'm loving this today. :)

Love.