Monday, December 1, 2008

Fables Vol. 2 by Bill Willingham

fables_2_mediumI love this series. Absolutely love it, and the best thing about it is that I've only read Volumes 1 & 2! That leaves plenty more. In the second volume of Fables there's a revolution being stirred up at the Animal Farm. A farm far away from the rest of humanity that houses all of the animals and creatures from fairy tales that wouldn't fit into normal society. The inhabitants of the farm are sick of being kept away though and they've decided to revolt. It starts with the execution of a much loved fairy tale character and ends with the near death of one. And who else leads the revolution but Goldilocks. This was another fantastic work by Bill Willingham with more amazing artwork by Mark Buckingham and beautiful covers by James Jean. Highly recommended series. And that's the extent of what I can muster up today for a review. Dewey's passing still has me really down as I know it does many other people and I expect that we'll find something missing for a long time here in this community. I wanted to take this opportunity though to tell each and every one of you who stop by here how much I appreciate you and that I consider all of you dear friends. Some of you have come to be true close friends to me and I wanted to make sure that you knew that. Oh Dewey, we'll miss you.

No comments: