Sunday, February 4, 2007

A Quiet Sunday

It seems like every weekend I change my opinion of Sundays. This Sunday has been sort of an uneventful one, one that is going by too fast. I really wish that I didn't have to work on Saturdays so that I could have a proper weekend, but unfortunately that is the only day I have to actually make some money, seeing as my internship is unpaid. At least the Super Bowl is tonight. I'm cheering for the Colts all the way. Damn Bears had to go and beat us. I'm sure there will be a few fun commercials along the way as well. Funny how people actually look forward to commercials one day out of the year.

Back to Sundays. They are meant to be a day of rest...but that definitely doesn't apply to me. Sundays are a day to play catch up for me. Do some reading for school, write some papers, tie up the loose ends from the previous week. Weekends just go by too quickly nowadays. Tomorrow's Monday already. The weekend just got here. Oh well, I guess I'll enjoy myself as much as possible for today and bury my nose in a book until the Super Bowl starts. Hope everyone else's Sunday is going ok.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Other than church in the morning we really try to make Sundays a stay-at-home-and-crash day. Especially during football season, which is now sadly over, I enjoy sitting in front of the television reading while the games play in the background. Unfortunately it is now Monday and reality will soon be hitting in full swing. Ah well, I should be thankful I have a job! ;)