Thursday, February 22, 2007

Anna, the Gym, and DeLint

Sorry, I really tried not to mention Anna Nicole Smith in this blog, but my God! This trial is like a damn circus. I've never seen anything like this. I feel like I'm watching Judge Judy. By the way, the judge actually did apply for a "judge judy" type show, but was denied. I guess this is his big break. The majority of this trial has absolutely nothing to do with where her body is buried. The video, Daniel's father testifying over the phone, the judge....it's nuts. Throw into that Brittney Spears' latest escapades and you really start wondering what the hell role models exist anymore for young girls. This is what fame has become these days. Geesh.

I'm going to the gym today. I'm making myself. I officially have tickets and hotel reservations in Mexico for May 22nd, so I really have to get into shape. No more belly!! I need to start watching what I eat more too. Not just to look good for the beach, I just want to get healthy all the way around. I'd be much more comfortable with myself and you never know, it may even help my migraines. I've had a migraine for the past 5 days. That's crazy, I've never had headaches for this long of a streak. None today yet, knock on wood.

Subterranean is publishing a very cool sounding chapbook by Charles DeLint with illustrations also done by him by the name of Old Man Crow. It's about a man trying to decide if he's a person dreaming of being a crow or a crow dreaming of being a person. 18 bucks for the limited edition, 80 bucks for the deluxe, signed and numbered editions. They also announced another book in the works by De Lint for a fall release date by the name of Promises To Keep.

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Celebs are definitely a circus, no doubt about it!

Best wishes with the working out. Need to do that myself. Don't want to but really need to.

SP really do alot of DeLint books. The one you mentioned sounds great, will have to look at that one.

chrisa511 said...

I actually made it to the gym for the first time in 2 months today, so that was an accomplishment in itself.

The DeLint book does sound great. At 18 bucks I think I'll have to check it out.