Friday, January 12, 2007

Me and Meg

Here's the story on me and Meg. For those who don't know, me and Megan decided in November that we are better off as friends for right now. I know this may come as a shock to some since we had been together for 5 years. I hadn't really felt like talking about it to people so I haven't told people about this until now.

Distance apart is a funny thing. I always thought that long distance relationships couldn't be all that bad. As long as you talked frequently and visited when you could, things would be fine. But you don't think about how much 2 people become 1 entity in a long term relationship. Me and Megan had become meandmegan....one person, one personality almost. With the distance brought on by hurricane Katrina, we were each forced to become our own person and to start new individual lives for ourselves, something I see as a positive change.

Megan has grown tremendously during this time and I am so proud of her and all that she has accomplished. She is a wonderful girl that will always hold a special place in my heart. There are no hard feelings at all about this situation. Naturally, I was upset at first, but I've come to acknowledge some positive things about this and I know that Megan has gotten many positives out of it as well. Megan will always be a friend to me and someone who will always have my utmost respect and support. I'm also very close with her family and don't want that to ever change.

I thought that people should finally know about this and know that it was a mutual decision and that there are no hurt feelings or any negative feeling involved in this. I think we are both happy to move on as individuals and each find what we want out of life. While this may be the end of an era for us both, it opens up a whole new road before us.

No comments: