Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's Readathon Update The Third!


Currently Reading: This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki

Total pages read since last update: 152

Total pages read cumulative: 274

Total books read: 1 (Voice of Our Shadow by Jonathan Carroll)

Time spent reading since last update: 1 Hour 17 Minutes

Total Time Spent Reading: 3 Hour 39 Minutes

Drinks consumed: 1 iced mocha, 1 Sunkist

Food Eaten: 1 blueberry muffin, eating some spinach and feta puffed pastries now!

Money Going to Human Rights Campaign in Memory of Grandma: $13.70

Progress Report: Finished Voice of Our Shadow and it was SO good! It's a blend of being a very pulp-y type book mixed with elements of fantasy and horror like so many of Carroll's books, but what I love about him so much is he takes them away from that pulp genre by adding so much truth and heart and depth into the story. Really enjoyed it. And now I'm on to my first graphic novel of the day, Jillian Tamaki's This One Summer which is excellent so far! I loved Skim so much, so I was SUPER excited when this one arrived from the publisher! And it will help with my page count as well :p

Taking a lunch break first!! I'm eating these amazing spinach, mozzarella and feta stuffed puffed pastries from whole foods. If you have a Whole Foods anywhere near you you MUST try these!! They're in the frozen foods section and it's their brand. Absolutely delicious!



1 comment:

Debi said...

Spinach and feta stuffed pastries--god, I just had an orgasm thinking about it! (Sorry, I possibly should have texted you that info, instead of posting it here on your blog. :P )