Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's Readathon Update The Seventh!

Currently ReadingWell Witched by Frances Hardinge

Total pages read since last update: 35

Total pages read cumulative: 684

Total books read: 3 (Voice of Our Shadow by Jonathan Carroll, This One Summer by Jillian and Mariko Tamaki, Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris)

Time spent reading since last update: 35 Minutes

Total Time Spent Reading: 6 Hour 56 Minutes

Drinks consumed: 1 iced mocha, 1 Sunkist, 1 black cherry snoball, water with lemon

Food Eaten: 1 blueberry muffin, spinach and feta puffed pastries, black cherry snoball, pulled pork sandwich, tortilla chips

Money Going to Human Rights Campaign in Memory of Grandma: $34.20

Progress Report: Ok...I disappeared for a little while. Emotions, I'll just leave it at that. But I'm back on track after a well needed break! Surprisingly I have NOT taken a nap this readathon and I don't feel like I need one either. And I'm super excited about getting back into Well Witched which I discovered is also Verdigris Deep! They just renamed it for the US release. Seriously....you should have seen how excited I was to find out I was reading Verdigris Deep >_> It doesn't take much guys...Mostly because it's an Ana book :) Which means with Voice of Our Shadow I'll be reading TWO Ana books this readathon!

How's everyone else holding up?

Oh...since a few people asked...snoball clarification! Yes, they're very similar to snow cones but of course New Orleans has to make them their own thing :p Click here for some info (Sal's is my favorite followed closely by Plum Street!). There are literally dozens and dozens of snoball stands in New Orleans and all over southern louisiana. The difference is the ice is super soft or shaved. And the flavors are endless. I love plain old strawberry or black cherry but my other favs are nectar, wedding cake, and dreamsicle. Every snoball stand tends to make their own syrups and each neighborhood down here has their own snoball stands. I have two within a mile from my apartment! So there you go...you learned something new today ;)

No comments: