- Which hour was most daunting for you? For me there were two really daunting hours...the first around two p.m and then around two a.m....the two a.m. is when I finally threw in the towel! I usually make it a little bit later than that, but I just couldn't read any more this time...I did stay up a little bit later, but that was to watch Glee with Matt and just hang out a bit :p
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Um...everything that I read? But two in particular....Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and Let's Explore Diabete's With Owls by David Sedaris....really, anything by David Sedaris would be PERFECT for a readathon!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope!! Honestly, it couldn't be any better than it is. I'm so happy with the way it's been these last couple of 'thon's. It's like you can feel Dewey back in them. It really has been a celebration of the community and reading!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? All the things! I think the mini-challenges were much better this readathon...I remember last time, a lot of them were just too time consuming and I didn't do a lot of them because I just didn't have the time, but this time I did many more and really enjoyed them! But seriously...I think everything worked really well :)
- How many books did you read? I finished three and started a fourth!
- What were the names of the books you read? Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, Bird by Rita Murphy, Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris, and Unnatural Creatures edited by Neil Gaiman.
- Which book did you enjoy most? Definitely Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell! I think that will be a favorite of the year!
- Which did you enjoy least? I hate even ANSWERING this question, but Bird by Rita Murphy which was AMAZING...but that just shows how good all of the books that I read were! In fact, I would really push for everyone to put Bird on the top of their list for RIP which I will indeed be doing when I review it :p
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Wasn't a cheerleader.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will be requesting vacation from work again as soon as I know when the October readathon will be taking place :) And I'll be a reader again as always! It's what I love.
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Readathon Wrap-Up Post!!
Well that was fun, wasn't it? I woke up at 1:30 this afternoon! With the headache from hell, but thanks to some painkillers, that's a thing of the past now. I think reading for 12 hours did me in! I think that's my favorite statistic from yesterday...that I actually READ for 12 hours. I keep meticulous time during readathons of the time that I actually spend reading, not just blog hopping, eating, etc. :p How often do we get the chance to read for 12 hours? Simply blissful! So here's my End of Event survery: