I so have to thank Debi for letting me play along with her themed reading months this year :) I'm in love with this idea already just two months into the year and can't wait to keep reading from my shelves all year. And I love dedicating whole months to specific themes too. For February, we dedicated the month to graphic novels and I absolutely LOVED it!!! I read so many good books that I've been meaning to get to for years and some new ones that I just discovered. I didn't read every graphic novel I owned like I had planned to :p But I did get a whole lot read! And if it weren't for this month, I have a feeling my numbers would end up pretty awful this year considering how busy things have been so far. So yeah...I got a LOT read this month :) Here's the list of everything I read this month:
7. Wandering Son Volume 1 by Shimura Takako, 2011, 207 pgs., Fantagraphics
8. Wandering Son Volume 2 by Shimura Takako, 2012, 227 pgs., Fantagraphics
9. A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel by Hope Larson, 2012, 392 pgs., Farrar Straus Giroux
10. Midnight Days by Neil Gaiman, 2000, 160 pgs., Vertigo
11. The Bird King: An Artist's Notebook by Shaun Tan, 2013, 128 pgs., Arthur A. Levine Books
12. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel, 2007, 234 pgs., Mariner Books
13. Maus I by Art Spiegelman, 1986, 160 pgs., Pantheon Books
14. Maus II by Art Spiegelman, 1991, 138 pgs., Pantheon Books
15. Gate 7 Volume 1 by CLAMP, 2011, 192 pgs., Dark Horse
16. Gate 7 Volume 2 by CLAMP, 2012, 192 pgs., Dark Horse
17. Gate 7 Volume 3 by CLAMP, 2012, 184 pgs., Dark Horse
18. The Stuff of Legend Book 3: A Jester's Tale by Mike Raicht, 2012, 124 pgs., Th3rd World Studios
19. The Savage by David Almond and Dave McKean, 2008, 80 pgs., Candlewick Press
20. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain, 2013, 368 pgs., Broadway
21. American Virgin Vol. 1: Head by Steven T. Seagle, 2006, 112 pgs., Vertigo
22. The Unwritten Volume 4: Levithan by Mike Carey, 2011, 144 pgs., Vertigo
23. The Unwritten Volume 5: On To Genesis by Mike Carey, 2012, 144 pgs., Vertigo
24. The Unwritten Volume 6: Tommy Taylor and the War of Words, 2012, 240 pgs., Vertigo
18 books!!!! Thank god for graphic novels, right? :p There are quite a few books that I haven't gotten to talk about that I've wanted to...like David Almond's The Savage...awesome book about a kid learning to deal with the world the best way he knows how. And I finally caught up with The Unwritten and wow...that series just keeps getting better! I'd LOVE to have The Shining finished by the end of today for The Shinealong, but I don't think it's going to happen. I still have a little over 100 pages left. But I should finish it soon, so it'll be one of the first books I finish in March.
March should be an awesome month too :) This month is all about food and gardening books and those are just some of my absolute favorite topics :) And it's just in time to get me all excited about my own garden. Can't wait to see what actually gets read this month! I've set aside all the books that fit the theme and I have about 30 in the queue, but I'm not expecting to get nearly all of them read. I'll be happy with five of them :p Nice mix of fiction and nonfic too.
So here's to another month of exciting themed reading! Anyone care to join us for a month of food and gardening books?