I have busy Sundays coming up for the next three weeks so I thought maybe I'd move bad bloggers over to an earlier day for right now...who knows, it may end up still getting posted on Sundays on some weeks...maybe Mondays on others. But tonight it's a Friday :p I see life settling into a GROOVE finally though soon which is such a good thing.
I finally approached my boss at work and told her that I needed a normal schedule like everyone else in the department has. I need two days off in a row every week and I'm trying to build my private practice so I'd like a day off during the week when I could schedule private practice clients. I'm so lucky to have a boss that DOES understand that our lives are not work and that we have other life goals too so she worked with me. I'm the evening supervisor of my department, so I tend to work 3-11 shifts, so for now on I should be working Tuesday through Saturday 3-11 which will give me Sunday and Monday off with Sunday as me and Matt's day to spend together and Monday as a day to dedicate to private practice clients. This is looking good :)
And we actually have stuff planned for the next few Sundays!! This Sunday, me and Matt got tickets to the Broadway production of Les Miserables here in New Orleans!!!! I'm so excited about this!! I've always wanted to see Les Mis! And I have the gorgeous new Penguin clothbound classics edition shipping to me later in the month and then the movie comes out at the end of the year. So November and December will be ALL about Les Miserables :) Then next Sunday, I think we're going to go to the Destrehan Plantation Festival where there will be live music, delicious food and tons of local art. And then the Sunday after that, we'll be going to see some shows for the New Orleans Fringe Festival that's created around the Edinburgh Fringe Fest that Ana recently talked about :) I love Fringe Fest and can't wait to see some of those shows!! We already have tickets to one show called Wolves that looks amazing and we're talking about maybe seeing 4 shows back to back on that Sunday...just depends on how much theater/dance/performance art we're up for that day.
How about some Friday Fill Ins before we get to bad bloggers??
1. I was happy with the way today turned out. I saw two private practice clients and had great sessions with them, got a massage, visited with my mom and then got the apartment cleaned, read a short story and blogged :).
2. It really does get super busy at the psyc hospital that I work at when the moon is full.
3. When we get to spend time together, I'm the happiest.
4. Having a day off to do absolutely nothing is the best!
5. Underneath it all I really am so absolutely grateful for the life that I have.
6. Oh! And thanks for finally changing my schedule to something resembling NORMALCY Ms. Boss!.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing, reading, watching some tv with my sweetheart, tomorrow my plans include working til 11 and then coming home to have some drinks at the apartment with a friend of Matt's that I really like and Sunday, I want to enjoy the day, grab a bite to eat downtown and then see Les Miserables!
And now on to Bad Bloggers! This week, there's only one point to dole out...again...unfortunately. Which means I'm taking the blame myself for most of these :/
2. Stardust: The Gift Edition by Neil Gaiman - I have to have everything by Neil Gaiman even if I already own it in other forms, so yes I preordered this as soon as it was announced. It's GORGEOUS! And it'll be the perfect excuse to read Stardust for a third time. It has brand new illustrations from Charles Vess...a frontispiece illustrations and illustrations for all of the chapterheadings and it has a wonderful cloth cover. Love it! (Bought it)
3. Ruins by Orson Scott Card - I really enjoyed Pathfinder, the first book in this new series by OSC, so I preordered it's sequel Ruins as soon as I could! And it's arrived finally! Hoping that the series remains good because honestly I wasn't impressed by the Lost Gate and never finished it. Nor did I finish his last Ender Book, The Formic Wars :( (Bought it)
4. Dark Banquet by Bill Schutt - This book itself is just beautifully designed!! The paper is top notch quality and it has gorgeous illustrations throughout. It's the type of science book that I just love to read and I never would've put it on my paperback swap wishlist would it not have been for Debi mentioning it in a post ages ago! Ok...a year ago :p So Debi, you're getting a point for this one! (Paperback Swap)
5. Fresh Off the Boat by Eddie Huang - I am SO excited about reading this one. In fact, I didn't even put it on the shelves. I left it out in the "currently reading stack" so that I can start "currently reading" it soon! It sounds both hilarious and moving at the same time. (Review copy)