Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dewey's Readathon Update the Seventh!

Currently Reading: The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan (finishing it)

Total pages read since last update: 53

Total pages read cumulative: 681

Total books read: 3 (Death: The Deluxe Edition by Neil Gaiman, Gandhi: A Manga Biography by Kazuki Ebine, Macbeth by William Shakespeare)

Time spent reading since last update: 1 Hour 23 Minutes

Total Time Spent Reading: 7 Hours 54 Minutes

Caffeinated drinks consumed: 1 Iced Mocha, 1 Cherry Coke, 1 Iced Tea, still working on iced mocha number 2!

Food Eaten: Cranberry Muffin, Bowl of Pretzels, Hot Dog, Salt and Vinegar Chips, Mint Oreos

Money going to Arbor Day Foundation (at 10 cents per page): $68.10

Progress Report: I am SO in love with Margo Lanagan's The Bride's of Rollrock Island y'all!!! OMG it's so good. It was my "work book" so I had hardly had a chance to read any of it. I had only read 23 pages in about two weeks prior to today, but now getting to really sink into it, it's just such an amazing story that only Ms. Lanagan could tell. She truly is a gem of an author.

I feel like I'm still going strong right now!! That nap really did a lot for me earlier and honestly, I'm glad I took it :) I'm being cozy now...I lit a pumpkin spice candle that smells delicious and I think I'm about to go sit in the tub and read some more of my book and then change into my most favorite PJs for the rest of the readathon :) Maybe have a cup of cinnamon spice tea too!! Matt should be home soon too...maybe I can get him to read with me :p Hope everyone else is hanging in there!!

2 comments:

Bellezza said...

You've read for 7 hours and 600+ pages? Dude, you could have finished Anna Karenina this weekend.

If I drank as much liquid as you have I'd be up all night peeing instead if reading. How's that for an inappropriate comment from a fellow reading buddy?

xo

Debi said...

Bellezza--maybe he's like me, and he reads while he pees. Now, how's that for an inappropriate comment? :P

Sorry, I am way too tired! And envious of just how awake you sound! Bananie went to bed (I know-can't you believe it?!!) so I'm on my own. I'm guessing it won't be long...