Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dewey's Readathon Update the Fourth!

Currently Reading: Macbeth by William Shakespeare (finishing it)

Total pages read since last update: 192

Total pages read cumulative: 542

Total books read: 2 (Death: The Deluxe Edition by Neil Gaiman, Gandhi: A Manga Biography by Kazuki Ebine)

Time spent reading since last update: 1 Hour 1 Minute

Total Time Spent Reading: 4 Hours 42 Minutes

Caffeinated drinks consumed: 1 Iced Mocha, 1 Cherry Coke

Food Eaten: Cranberry Muffin, Bowl of Pretzels....gonna need some real food soon!

Money going to Arbor Day Foundation (at 10 cents per page): $54.20

Progress Report:  So I just finished my second book and I really really loved it. It was a manga biography of Gandhi and part of me wants to review it and gush about it right now, but I'm going to wait. But it was such an awesome format to learn history and it packed much more of an emotional punch than I was expecting. This panel below just hit me right in the heart, such true words (you can click to make it bigger):

So now, random.org has decided that it's time for me to finish reading Macbeth which I started eons ago and just haven't gotten around to finishing yet...shouldn't take me long at all to finish this one then I'm curious to see what I'll be reading next!! Hope everyone is hanging in there ok! I'm actually feeling fine so far despite a severe lack of sleep last night, lol. I think I'm going to take a nice little break after Macbeth to actually eat and rest my eyes for a bit and then jump right back in :) This really is going great this year, huh??

3 comments:

Megan said...

Macbeth as a Readathon book? I'm impressed. I can't picture myself getting anything out of it if I attempted Shakespeare today. LOL!

Here's to having Random.org pick your reads. It's kind of nice having an element of surprise to your reading, right? ;-)

I think it might be time for me to do a little eye resting, too, now that you mention it.

Keep up the great reading! =D

Debi said...

Awww, Chris, wanna hear something awesomely cool? Ana is going to see MacBeth tonight...in fact, she might be seeing just as you're reading it. I love that!

You are doing sooooo well, my friend!!! I don't feel like I'm doing nearly that well, but hey, if not for Dewey and the tradition she started, I'd not have even finished the one book I have so far, right? :)

Hope you enjoyed your meal! And have fun with whatever book you're on to next! LOVE YOU!!!

Paulina said...

You're doing very well so far. Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon! Macbeth is a great choice. Yes, it's heavy going for a read-a-thon, but it's probably my favourite of Shakespeare's plays.