Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bad Bloggers Time!

Before we get to bad bloggers, can I just say how excited I am to go back to work tomorrow? I never thought I'd say those words. Particularly with how hellish work has been lately. But with Hurricane Isaac passing through I've been out of work for the last week as we just got power back today. And I'm going a little stir crazy at this point! Today's been a good day though. Stocked up on food at the grocery for me and Matt. I'm trying to get us to eat on a budget these days. Then I went and followed him to work and had dinner where he waited on me :p And just came home and made this AMAZING and definitely not fat free recipe for Chess Squares and also made an amazing recipe for cranberry and white chocolate scones that Debi sent me! So we'll have breakfast (homemade at that!) for the next few days! So how about them books, eh? Sadly there is no blame to give out this week. In fact, these are ALL preorders that I've just been waiting for for months now! I don't even know where to start! Except I did actually start with Unwholly and it's good so far :p





1. Under My Hat edited by Jonathan Strahan - I've been hit or miss with Jonathan Strahan's anthologies, but this one REALLY sounds good. Stories about witches with an AMAZING set of authors..here...go look for yourself!

2. Every Day by David Levithan - As always with Levithan, he's come up with another genius idea with a book that studies gender identity. This one is about a person who wakes up with a different gender every day. Or rather doesn't know what gender he/she will be that day. REALLY excited about this one! Should be reading this one with Kelly too which makes me even more excited :D


3. Unwholly by Neal Shusterman - I just about died when I heard this book was coming out!!! Seriously. I didn't know that there was going to be a sequel to Unwind, and from reading the intro, Shusterman didn't either, but now I'm so excited that there is! And there will be a THIRD book too! Started this one last night and it's excellent so far.

4. Birds and Birthdays by Christopher Barzak - I love Christopher Barzak. And I say this without having read any of his books. Just a few short stories. I love him as a person. He just seems like a fantastic person. I was so excited to hear about this collection, and after reading Ana's review, I was THRILLED when this arrived on my doorstep the day after reading her review!

And as always some penguins and pelicans have walked into the house too, but those are up over on the penguin blog. Hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

Vasilly said...

Every Day is an amazing book! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Becky said...

I started Unwholly last night too! I am so excited to read this one!

Megan said...

I gotta get my hands on a copy of Every Day. Enjoy your loot! =D

I wonder if a nice hurricane would make me appreciate my job more, because I am *not* looking forward to getting back to work. *thinks* Eh, I don't think I want to find out... ;-)

Unknown said...

Really want to get my hands on a copy of Every Day! :D

chrisa511 said...

Vasilly, I'm SO looking forward to that one!! It's in my work bag, but sadly, I haven't had any free time at work to read it so far :(

Becky, Isn't it awesome so far!

Megan, LOL...I think it's just about the ONLY thing that would make me appreciate my job more..aside from maybe a new administration and a 10 dollar raise maybe :p

Darren, It sounds SOOOO good!