Friday, August 3, 2012

Hello Friday


I  have a book that I could review today, but honestly I just don't feel like reviewing a book right now :/ I finished The Dirty Life on audio and overall I liked it though I had a few problems with it too and I honestly just don't have the mental energy to ennunciate exactly what it is I had problems with. But I promise I shall tell you all about it soon!

Instead I'll bore you with the day to day goings on of my life right now :p Guess what?? I have all of my paperwork ready to submit for my licensure! The only thing I had left to do was to print a 2X3 photo of myself and my lazy ass finally did that tonight :D So I'll be putting that package in the mail tomorrow on my way to work. Yes, I have to work tomorrow which I'm not too excited about.

I also finally discovered what I'm going to do with this new journal from Rhodia thanks to all of you :) I think that each day, I'm going to try to write a few lines about how my day was, a few lines about what I'm greatful for in that day, and a few lines about what's going on in the garden. And if there are any pictures or artifacts I can tape into the journal, that would be fun too :) I got a new quote journal too! I don't know if I told you all that, but um...I did...I love keeping a book of quotes where I can write down things I love while I'm reading :)

Do you ever hear about a book that you think to yourself "I NEED THAT BOOK RIGHT NOW!!!!"? My friend Sharon who works at the coffee shop I visit every day told me about this book called Voluntary Madness by Norah Vincent. It's a non-fiction book written by a journalist who committed herself to three different psychiatric hospitals to get an insider's view of how they work. It sounded so intriguing that I needed it immediately! So we went to Barnes and Noble...didn't have it...tried Books A Million...didn't have it (but I did come home with several books including the audio of The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters and Horns by Joe Hill for $7.97 each!). So I came home and decided I was going to download it onto my nook. Well the ebook was $12.99 and the paperback was on sale for $1.99!!! And I actually really want a physical copy of this book. So I'm being patient and ordered the physical copy but it's KILLING me guys! I saw on Amazon that Norah Vincent also wrote a novel called Self Made Man which is about her living life disguised as a man for a year...I think I'm going to LOVE this woman!

Let's wrap this up with a Friday Fill Ins! Haven't done one of those in awhile!

1. Well, ok, maybe I'll stop using the credit card next week :/ Seriously...back on the diet I go.
2. Reading 100 books this year! that's a stretch!
3. When I'm making any kind of baked goods I think I eat half of the mix before it actually gets baked :/.
4. My entire life needs to be a bit healthier.
5. And frankly, that's the truth (see above).
6. Credit cards are the root of all evil. But they sure have bought me some wonderful books in the past :p.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to laying on the sofa and reading for awhile then falling asleep with my sweetie, tomorrow my plans include work....effing work and then late night grocery shopping! and Sunday, I want to spend the day with my fam before my brother goes back to school and then try to relax a bit more before work starts ALLLLL over again!


4 comments:

DesLily said...

ohhh I know I read The Little Stranger! Sarah Waters is a good writer!(I think I read it for RIP!)

lol you mean others don't "taste" the batter before baking??? By the time I'd bake the chocolate chip cookies I'd have eaten enough batter that I didn't want any cookies! lol

HOORAY for submitting for your paper work!!!!

Unknown said...

Hooray for for getting to the point you can submit paperwork for your licensure!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that journaling thing. :-D

And yay for getting your paperwork submitted! Will we be having a virtual party to celebrate?

Debi said...

LOL at #3!!! Me too!!!