Speaking of cooking, I'm trying to get back to doing that again for me and Matt. It definitely saves money and I just really enjoy cooking! Anyone care to share some of your favorite recipes? Extra points for low budget, multiple portions and extra yumminess!!
Oh yeah...books...we're supposed to be talking about books here huh? This week isn't TOO bad. Only five books came into the house. But I'm just going to fess up now that either next week or the week after is going to be REALLY bad. You see...I went on bookcloseouts.com >_> I only allow myself to do that like twice a year...and I may have left with like 15 books which are now on their way to me....*palmface* But for now, let's just focus on the five books that came in THIS week.
1. A Guide to Folktales in Fragile Dialects by Catherynne M. Valente - I may have actually peed on myself a little bit when this book came in the mail! I've been wanting this for so long! When I reviewed Anne Sexton's Transformation's awhile back, Carl recommended this one to me. Like Sexton's Transformations, it's Valente's take on traditional folktales in the form of modern verse. And so far it is AMAZING!! Absolutely loving this one. A very big and much appreciated point to Carl! (Bought it)
2. Vanishing is the Last Art by Josh Davis - The author pitched this one to me via email and even though I've been turning down most review copies lately, this one just sounded really good! And Mr. Davis was just super nice. So I'm going to give this one a shot! The cover is pretty neat too :) (Review Copy)
3. Flora Segunda by Ysabeau S. Wilce - Another one that I got super excited about when I found! Me and Matt went shopping last night for books and I found this one for THREE DOLLARS IN HARDBACK! I've been wanting this ever since Ana and Kelly reviewed it together what seems like ages ago. They just made it sound so good so they get to split a point for this one :) Point to Ana AND Kelly :) (Bought it)
4. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman - Now I really can't remember if someone reviewed this one and made me want it or if I just read a description of it and preordered it because it sounded so good...hmmm...let me know if you reviewed this one because I may owe you a point :p Anyhow, I DID preorder this one and was excited to get it in the mail! Sounds like a great one! (Bought it)
5. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman - I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before I bought this one. The second I saw the cover I knew I was going to get it eventually. Then Ana went and reviewed it and there wasn't a question in my mind....I had to have it :p So she's getting the point for this one! Then Heather posted about wanting to read this one and I proposed maybe doing a buddy read with her of this one and she still hasn't responded >_> *nudgenudge* Yes, Heather, I'm calling you out publicly :p (Bought it)
What treasures came into your house this week?? And who are you blaming? Because of course it's not YOUR fault that you can't walk in your house anymore because there are so many books all over the place :p