Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Much Needed Getaway

 I feel like this is becoming less of a book blog and more of a "this is how life is" blog. But I've tried to never label my blog anyway and write whatever comes to mind so whatevs. We've been busy settling into the apartment and could both use a vacation. And that's sort of what we got this weekend with some wonderful people. We hopped in the car yesterday morning and drove a short 4 hours to Destin for a friend of Matt's beach wedding in Destin and it was just absolutely beautiful. An amazing weekend really all together.

There were shoes in the sand,
An AMAZING meal at a bistro named Cuvee which prompted me to ask if they sold a cookbook for the first time ever at a restaurant (they did and I now own it!)
A beautiful and delicious homemade, lemon wedding cake,
Donuts this morning (also totally using this picture for day three of Photo a day in June which is "on your plate)
Followed by more beach and the Gulf of Mexico which resulted in a WICKED sunburn
On the way home we DID actually listen to a book :p We listened to Jenny Lawson's Let's Pretend This Never Happened and I've almost finished it now so you can expect an ACTUAL BOOK REVIEW here soon! And I have to say that it felt absolutely wonderful to arrive back "home". Even though I did do a thorough house cleaning and am just now relaxing after being home for two and half hours :p Ah, new life...

6 comments:

Amy said...

Your weekend sounds perfect! That cake is beautiful.

Daphne said...

happy, happy, happy.

DesLily said...

I"m glad you both enjoyed the "mini vacation", but sorry about the sunburn..get matt to rub something on to help the sting.

welcome to your new life baby boy!!! I hope you always keep the feeling you have now in your life! (that goes for Matt too!)

Amanda said...

I loved seeing all these pictures come in through instagram! I didn't realize the cake was homemade though - that's neat!

Debi said...

So glad you guys had such a lovely time!!! You deserved it. :D

Susan said...

Love the pictures, love the lemon wedding cake (yum!) and especially love that you got away with Matt for a weekend and came home together. Wonderful sound isn't it, 'home'?