Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beautiful Things

Hey Guys, I should have some actual book reviews up soon, but today has not been the best of days. Met with my dad's doctor/surgeon and got some not so encouraging news about what they're going to have to do. Not going to go into details here, but I took the day off of work. I came home and needed some cheering up so I took my camera and just spent about an hour in my back yard looking at all the beauty that there is to see out there. Thought that I would share some of that with you all. None of these pictures were altered or cropped in any way. Just nature as it is. I thought I'd invite you all to do a post of beautiful things of your own or just share some good stuff in the comments. It really made me smile last week when everyone told me their good stuff :) Hell, I might just make it a weekly feature to ask for what's going on in everyone else's life that's good. It's a smile worthy idea :) Enjoy. And click to enbiggen any of these.

















8 comments:

Jenny said...

Those are all beautiful, and I wish the best for your family. I hope you get all good news from now on.

Kailana said...

Great pictures, Chris! If you look out my windows right now you just see snow...

DesLily said...

you are getting too good with that camera eye of yours!! Everything is beautiful..

sorry there is not better news about your dad...whatever happens I hope it turns out better than even the doctors anticipate.

Memory said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you get some more encouraging news soon.

Jeane said...

I wish you and your dad well. Beautiful photos. Is that a pitcher plant in the bottom of the second one? I didn't know you have cacti! and ooh, you have strawberries coming!

Amanda said...

I am obviously way behind in my feed reader. Sigh. I'm sorry to hear the news wasn't good about your dad, though. I've been thinking about you a lot. :/

Anonymous said...

Good stuff = Good Earth tea and a rainy Saturday.

Hope things are getting gooder (I love bad grammar) in your neck of the woods!

Chrisbookarama said...

Sorry to see you haven't had good news.

Your garden is beautiful. It will be awhile before I see any green here.