Well it may not be so new, but it's new to me :p I haven't done one of these in SO long! It's a wonderful, rainy, stormy, thundery day here in New Orleans and I'm cuddled up in bed so I figured now was a good time to indulge in this little bit of fun :) I was tagged by the lovely Kristina at Kristina's Favorite's to answer some questions that she posted! So here are the basic rules of this meme:
1. Post the Rules
2. Answer the eleven questions that were asked of you by the person who tagged you
3. Make up eleven new questions and tag eleven new people to do the meme!
4. Let them know you tagged them!
So here are my questions and answers from Kristina:
1. What are you making for dinner tonight?
Well, I don't have anything in mind particularly, but I AM making some bread in the bread machine right now to go with whatever we eat! It's just a King Arthur mix, but I love fresh baked bread!! It's a parmesan herb bread and I have to say that King Arthur's bread mixes are fabulous.
2. What book (or books) are you reading right now?
As usual, I'm reading multiple books right now! My work book is I'll Get There, It Better Be Worth the Trip by John Donovan which is a YA book published over fifty years ago with some LGBT themes that is just AMAZING! I'm loving it!! Second up is what I'm reading on my Nook....that would be The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey which is also really good. I've only read the first two chapters, but yeah, it's great writing. And finally, I started The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice last night and I can tell I'll really like this one! Love the atmosphere of it. And I've just missed Anne Rice so damn much.
3. What was the last CD or song that you purchased?
That would be Barton Hallow by The Civil Wars. I had never heard of this group before! They're a duo that I discovered on the Grammy's the other night. They're fantastic...remind me of sort of a Swell Season/Mumford and Sons mash up. Very bluegrass-y and modern folk type sound. Good stuff :)
4. When and Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in January of 2007 which makes me realize that I totally missed my fifth year anniversary this year. Ah well. I got into blogging to have a place to talk about books. I had been following Neil Gaiman's blog for quite some time and absolutely loved it. Then one day I stumbled upon Carl's blog and found a whole community of people talking about books! I started my own blog then. I actually STARTED blogging in 2001...didn't start book blogging until 2007 though. I was on Dead Journal for years just basically bitching about life :p And raving about music. And then I moved to Myspace when that came along. And then finally to blogger...and here I am now, back where I started with my book blogging career after moving around a bit.
5. What's your favorite TV show?
Right now? The United States of Tara. I want Season 4 to be on Netflix!!!! I used to really dislike TV until I started watching shows on Netflix. Now there are so many I love. I'll always love Roswell and Firefly and Star Trek TNG and Doctor Who. But recent discoveries that I love are Brothers and Sisters (so sad it's over :(), True Blood, Game of Thrones, Hot in Cleveland, RuPaul's Drag Race, Grey's Anatomy, Friday Night Lights, The Vampire Diaries, Bones....I could go on here :p
6. What is the one thing that you want, right now, if money and means weren't an issue?
Easy, Matt to be here. Working on it!
7. If you could travel back in time, what is the one place or event that you would aim to change?
Sheesh! What a hard damn question!!!! I'm going to be really vague here. I would love to change the moment that the first human first became bigoted. Sure, it would've happened to someone else eventually, but it'd be worth a try. Bigotry bugs the fuck out of me more than anything else in this world. Entitlement, racism, sexism, gay bashing, NON equal rights, I hate all of that. I more than hate it...it drives up a fury in me that I can't even put into words.
8. What's the ring tone on your phone?
Kind of Blue by Miles Davis
9. What is your worst habit?
Another easy one...smoking
10. What 2 blogs do you visit or read most often?
Oh I hate singling people out so much :/ But I do have two people that I visit daily religiously...well more than two people actually. They probably don't know it though because I rarely comment these days and that would be Debi at Still with Nothing of Importance and Ana at Things Mean A Lot.
11. Do You have a bucket list? If so, what's the first thing on it? If not, what would be the first thing on it?
I don't really have a bucket list...but if I did, it would be to be happily settled in with Matt in our own home and I'm working on that right now :)
Now my 11 questions! I'm going to make this a "so far in 2012 list!"
1. What's the best book you've read so far in 2012?
2. What's your most anticipated book of 2012 so far?
3. What's your favorite song or album of 2012 so song (doesn't have to be from this year)?
4. What's the best thing to happen to you so far this year?
5. What's the worst thing to happen to you so far this year?
6. What's the best piece of news you've heard not concerning you so far this year? This could be a political event, a news item that made you smile, something that happened to a friend, etc.
7. What's the best thing you've cooked/eaten/best recipe you've saved so far this year?
8. What's your biggest goal for this year and how's it working for you so far?
9. Have you discovered any new to you blogs yet this year that you're loving?
10. What's your favorite thing you've seen on the screen so far this year? This could be a tv show/music video/movie/documentary, etc.
11. Do you plan on doing any gardening in 2012? Come on it's me...you knew there'd be some gardening in here :p
Who I'm tagging:
1. Debi at Still with Nothing of Importance
2. Ana at Things Mean A Lot
3. Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings
4. Pat at Here, There and Everywhere
5. Heather at Capricious Reader
6. Trish at Love, Laughter and Insanity
7. Jason at Moored at Sea
8. Christina at Reading Through the Night
9. Lu at Regular Rumination
10. Kelly at The Written World
11. Daphne at Where There is Joy