Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just a Quick One...

robotdreamsGuess what?? I just had to post and let everyone know that I finally finished a book this month! I finished it because it had no words :p I read Robot Dreams by Sara Varon and I have to say that I loved it! It might as well have been filled with words, because I thought it told a really touching little story. I've noticed that quite a few people who read this one were less than impressed with it, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Yeah, I think it could've been a little longer maybe and I wasn't totally satisfied with the ending, but that was a good thing. If you've read it before, then you probably know what I'm talking about. Robot Dreams is about a dog who builds a robot that becomes his friend. Sadly though, the robot gets left at the beach after he rusts and is unable to move after going for a swim with his friend. The story is about the dog and the robot wishing to be together again and trying to find that wonderful friendship that they once shared. Very simple story, but it worked perfectly for me. It really didn't need any words. And I loved the art for the story. It's extremely simplistic, but captured the essence of the tale well! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- bbaw-vote-button09Have you registered for Book Blogger Appreciation Week yet? If not, what are you waiting for! This is a wonderful event, now in it's second year that is coordinated by Amy at My Friend Amy, and I have to say that she does an amazing job. It looks to be even bigger and better than last year. It's a celebration of being a book blogger that includes giveaways, contests, and much more. You can go to the main blog to register, and then go vote for your favorite blogs in all of the many different categories! Thanks again Amy for putting this all together! It's scheduled to run from September 14-18th!

No comments: