Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crazy Hair and Books Around the World

9780060579081That Neil Gaiman fellow has a new book out that's illustrated by that Dave McKean fellow. It's called Crazy Hair. And it's crazy good! Like The Day I Swapped My Dad for a Goldfish and Wolves in the Walls, Crazy Hair is a picture book collaboration between these two brilliant men. The story spins a hairy tale of a man with "crazy hair"....hair that is filled with lions and tigers and bears along with carousels and other wonderful and mysterious things. He hasn't cut his hair since he was a small boy, and a universe of it's own has tangled itself in it. It's a fun little story of imagination, curiosity, and mysteriousness that I enjoyed quite a bit! And the illustrations by Dave McKean are just to die for as is nearly everything he does. I love his use of color in this book. It's just fantastic! Highly recommend this one to add to your Neil Gaiman collection! If you have small children, they'll love it, if you don't, you'll love it. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- globe_books_scrolls-1 So I had a fun little idea a while ago that I forgot about and was reminded about last night on Twitter. I was talking to Amy of My Friend Amy who is currently at Book Expo America! She mentioned that she'll be stopping by the table that has ARCs of Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games! So of course I told her how jealous I was :p And then she did the sweetest thing! She said she wouldn't mind sending it to me when she was done with it and then I could send it along to someone else! I've been wanting to do this. So here's what we're going to do. The book I'm offering to send out to someone is Four and Twenty Blackbirds by Cherie Priest. Why? Because it's amazing and I think everyone should read it! I'll put my name in the cover and maybe write a little note or something. The person who gets the book from me should write a little note in it (or drawing, or whatever) and send it along to someone else! You can also write comments in the book as you're reading...whatever you'd like! It'll become like a little scrapbook almost is what I'm hoping of wonderful thoughts. And it will keep being sent on around the globe. Kind of like bookcrossing I guess. It would also be really cool if you blogged about it when you received it or mentioned it in your review so we could all follow it's progress. If you would like to be the first person to get this book from me, just leave me a comment here in this post and I'll draw a name on Sunday. And if you want to send your own book around the world, please do!! That would be fantastic :D The more the better!! Finally, to all of our blogging friends who are at BEA, HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! I'm saving my money starting NOW to go next year :)

No comments: