Wednesday, March 11, 2009

As Shadows Fade by Colleen Gleason

asfAs Shadows Fade by Colleen Gleason Book 5 of the Gardella Vampire Chronicles 342 pages 2009 5/5 So sad to see this series end, but rest assured that it ends with a bang in the most thrilling way possible. Some will be happy, some may be disappointed depending on which "team" you're on. But we do get our answer. We get the answer to who Victoria chooses and to many other questions, like who exactly is Wayren? Two years ago, I cracked open the pages of The Rest Falls Away completely unsure of what awaited me and whether or not I'd like it. I knew that I loved vampire books, but romance?! Never been there before. After reading the first few pages, I knew that I had nothing to fear. The reader is safe in Colleen Gleason's hands, though she makes no promises to keep your heart rate at a reasonable pace. I instantly fell in love with Colleen's wonderful characters, the amazing setting of her books, and the love story/horror story that she so expertly weaved. You'd never guess that it was her first book. Five books and two years later, she closes the series with the biggest bang there is. This book is truly fantastic from cover to cover. Victoria has made her decision as to which person she wants to spend her life with, a life that will always be filled of thrills and danger. But there are others who would have it differently. Demons have awoken from a chasm in the earth and plague her well being and the well being of her companions. We've seen demons before in the Gardella Vampire Chronicles, but never in these amounts and with this type of hostility. There's only one way to rid the world of the demons and that is by paying another visit to our dear friend Lilith, queen of the vampires. Would we have it any other way? I'm quite upset that the series is over and there are no more adventures with this amazing crew, but it ended in such a way that I'm satisfied as well. I can breathe easily (as soon as I catch my breath from this book) and know that somewhere out there, more amazing tales are yet to come from Colleen and more wonderful characters await the pages. Well done Mrs. Gleason, well done.

No comments: