Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life Among the Dead by Lisa Williams

lifeHave you heard of Lisa Williams before? She's that psychic with the cool hair on Lifetime. She's actually one of only two shows that I watch on Lifetime, the other being The Golden Girls :p Anyway, Lisa Williams is as she says "a psychic, a medium, a clairvoyant" in a lovely British accent. I was sold on her right away when I saw the first episode of her show, titled the same as her new book, Life Among the Dead. Many people are hesitant to believe in this type of thing, and I have to admit that the majority of "psychics" out there seem to be fakes, but I've had my own experiences that are unexplainable and I tend to believe that there are a few people out there who are the real thing...Lisa Williams being one of them. Her book, Life Among the Dead, is fascinating! It's not solely about being a medium, it's also about her everyday life and there's something in there that we can all relate to be it relational problems, doubting one's self, finding joy in simple things, love, and of course tons of psychic experiences! OK, we can't all relate to the "tons of psychic experiences" but it makes for fantastic reading. She describes some events in her life that are truly terrifying, like seeing her grandmother sitting on her bed right after she's died, or seeing ghosts crawl out of the walls as a young child and not understanding it, but at the same time, she leads us into a world that is beautiful where one can communicate with those who have passed over and be of service to others through that gift. Eventually her grandmother becomes a gift to her in the spirit realm and brings her peace, but just imagine coming home from the hospital and finding her on the foot of your bed! Mrs. Williams' writing isn't perfect or perfectly sophisticated, but I don't think she meant it to be. The book reads as very conversational as if she's telling you the story of her life and of her experiences. This is a subject that I was big into during my "goth days" as a teenager, but that quickly faded as I grew older. But I find myself wanting to read more books on the topic now. She's really sparked an interest in me. If you're looking for a good fast-paced, entertaining and touching read, check this one out.

No comments: