Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Soul in a Bottle by Tim Powers

This has been the most exhausting week, but I decided to stay up and write a blog post before I crash since I never seem to have time to blog anymore. Work was crazy busy all week followed by a couple of nights out and all concluded with a really intense and exhausting LSU vs. Auburn game which I'm proud to say that LSU won! The thing I really hated about being so busy this week was that I missed much of BBAW. But what I followed along with was so much fun and a huge thanks goes out to My Friend Amy for hosting the whole thing. It was so great to see our little community come together even more than it usually does and I found quite a few new cool blogs to read through it. I also managed to finish a book this week! Albeit a short one, it was still a pretty good read. The book was A Soul in a Bottle by Tim Powers. Perfect little haunting RIP read about the ghost of a poet who has passed enticing a young book lover living in Hollywood. It's so short that I really can't give much more of a plot summary without giving away the book, but I enjoyed my first experience with Powers. His words were poetic, the story was engaging and the characters were ones that I quickly enjoyed. Can't ask for much more than that. The one thing that disappointed me a little was it's length. I think it would've been even better had it been fleshed out a bit more into a novel, but it's all good. I wanted to know more about certain aspects of the story, but my imagination had to fill in the blanks which isn't necessarily a bad thing. What else, what else?? Oh yeah, as if I don't have enough problems keeping up with my blog and blog reading, I now went and joined Twitter too, which I can see as being horribly addicting. My username is chrisa511 if you're interested in friending me. I just discovered Twitter after hearing people talk about it for ages. It's basically just like the facebook and myspace feature that allows you to tell other people what you're doing by updating your "status box" only there's nothing else to the website! You just post status messages so that people all over the world can know what's going on in your life. I think it's fun :p Another thing...if you're a video game fan, you have to check out the new Star Wars Unleashed game. It's awesome! I bought it today and me and my brother were playing it all night. It's incredibly cool. Especially for the Wii...yes, you get to use the Wii remote as a light saber and you do indeed have the powers of the force as well!! The graphics are the best I've seen for Wii so far and it's highly addictive. One of those games where you stop playing and wonder where the last 3 hours of your life went. Finally, a belated thank you to the hilarious Chartroose for inducting me into the Kool Kids Klub and to the oh so sweet Becky for saying that she loves my blog :) Right back at you both of you! I would pass the award on to other people, but I just hate having to only pick a certain number of people. I love so many blogs out there and anyone who stops by here is just the epitome of Kool for sticking with my sporadic blogging, for supporting me during stressful times, and for just being great people. So consider yourself awarded! Go read this incredibly cool interview with Neil Gaiman over at GoodReads...sounds like a new book is in the works! And it's going to be non-fiction....interesting! As for tomorrow...Go Saints!

No comments: