Thursday, April 12, 2007

Some Fun Web Wanderings

First off...how cool is this! Friends of English Magic had a link to a sneak peek at a music track from Stardust. It sounds great! Can't wait for this soundtrack.

Carl has a wonderful review of Tarantino and Rodriguez's new movie Grindhouse. Can't wait to see this one! Looks like your typical Tarantino (that's a good thing).

In Neil Gaiman's absence from his blog, the web elf has posted an MP3 version of Neil's short story How To Talk To Girls At Parties read by Neil himself.

Charles Vess will be giving a presentation on May 2nd in New York for The Society of Illustrators on the art of the fantastic. How I wish I could go. If you live in New York or if you'll be there, someone has to report to me on this one ;)

Bookfool's Wahoo Wednesdays. It's a great thing. Every Wednesday, she takes the time to write a post about little things in life that have made her happy. They always brighten my day and I hope that others can enjoy them as well!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Great links! Thanks for including the Grindhouse one. It doesn't seem to be a movie that many want to see, which is a real shame, because it is really fun.

chrisa511 said...

I'm surprised it's not doing better. I'm looking forward to it!

Bookfool said...

I thought about you when I saw that Charles Vess is going to be speaking in NY. It's a bit far, eh? I'm reading The Ladies of Grace Adieu and the illustrations are awesome!

chrisa511 said...

Yeah, it's just a little too far for me ;) I'd love to go.

Oooh, I hope you enjoy Ladies of Grace Adieu. The illustrations are gorgeous. He did a great job on them. Have you read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell?

Bookfool said...

Nope, haven't read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, but I think I might have to give in. The size intimidates me, but I love Susannah Clarke's writing style.

chrisa511 said...

It is a very intimidating book, but it's so good! If you like Ladies of Grace Adieu, you'll love JS&MN. It's definitely not a fast read, but just reading her style of writing is so much fun. She's great with words.